What is Naturopathy?
Naturopathic Medicine treats many health conditions by utilising the body’s inherent ability to heal. It incorporates nutritional medicine, such as vitamin and mineral therapy, herbal medicine and dietary analysis and advice. The role of a Naturopath is to facilitate the healing process with the aid of natural, non-toxic therapies, allowing you to gain control of your health and feel great in your body.
What happens at the first visit?
At an initial consultation many questions are asked to make a diagnostic assessment that takes into account present and past symptoms, medical history, family history, environmental factors, lifestyle and psychological factors. Testing may be advised to dig deeper into your levels of health and to take the guess work out of treatment.
What kinds of things can Naturopathy help with?
Naturopathy can alleviate a wide range of conditions and is suitable for all ages.
Some of the areas Naturopathy can help you with are:
- Weight Loss
- Children’s Health
- Skin Concerns
- Boosting your immunity
- Fertility / Pre conception / Conception
- Gastrointestinal Disorders – IBS / Bloating
- Chronic Disease
- Balancing hormones – PMS / Hormonal Problems
- Sleep Issues
- Mood disorders / Anxiety / Depression
However, you do not need to be unwell to benefit from naturopathy.
Naturopathic treatments boost the body’s natural healing potential, restoring harmony and preventing disease.
What kinds of tests are offered and how will they help ?
At Feeling Healthy we offer a variety of testing which can help us to gain a complete picture of your health and help us to map out your future health needs. Some of the test we offer are:
- Hair Bio Profiler – A sample of a few strands of your hair is taken and used for testing. The analysis reveals the bodies toxins, pathogens, food sensitivities and nutritional requirements. The report will then be used in assessing the correct dietary and lifestyle changes, as well as product recommendations and therapies needed to help reduce the risk of health problems.
- Bioelectric Impedance Tissue Analysis. – BIA uses a registered medical device called a Quadscan. This is a non-invasive test during which a painless, low voltage electrical current is passed through your body. The results provide muscle mass, body fat percentage, hydration status, toxicity status and cellular fluid levels.
- Iridology – Closely analysing the Iris indicates which areas of the body are under functioning, and to what extent the body is affected by stress or toxicity.
- Urine and Saliva Testing – Gives an accurate picture of the health of your biochemistry and how your body is functioning. Some of the things measured include carbohydrates, PH levels (whether alkaline or acidic), cell debris and levels of salts and toxins
- Zinc Testing
- Blood Type Testing
Want to know more?
Why not make an appointment for a Complimentary 30 Minute Health Discovery Session with one of our Naturopaths? This is an opportunity to ask any questions you have ever wanted to know about your health and learn more about how our Naturopaths can help you.
You can do this online by clicking here or by ringing us on 03 9687 5333.
We look forward to supporting you on your health journey.